Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So this Sunday, I'm going on a weeklong maymester (Field Methods in Wildlife Health, Management,and Research) toThe Jones Ecological Research Center at Ichauway. And its actually quite close to good ole Tifton Georgia. I should have a camera so I'll try to take some cool pictures...Until then, here are some pictures of my yard at home...

The side view
Blueberries
Hydrangeas
I dont know what these things are called.
A yuca plant...super cool...it has these brown bugs congregating and mating all over it.
My mom also has this artificial pond with these two frogs in it, I'm going to try to get a picture of them.
Also a couple pictures from my sister's art show. It was really cool, based on one of our childhood memories/ american dream. When we moved to the states, we thought that America would be covered in cherry trees...

Up close, a set of tiles, installed vertically.
My mom, my sister, and I

One where my mom and sister are actually smiling

5 comments:

  1. I'm jealous...the Jones Center is so freakin' cool. Enjoy the beautiful longleaf-wiregrass ecosystem, even if you have to do it with Warnell students ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister's art is really cool!

    I didn't know there was a week long maymester.... must be jam packed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your yard!!! i thought that was where you were planning on working at first, it looks so ecological and biodiverse, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. why thanks, my mom would be happy to hear it. There's a huge turtle and two froggies living in our tiny man made pond out front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh and kelly, its only for 2 credit hours, S/U graded and there's actually no classwork just field work! so it should be jampacked fun!!

    ReplyDelete