Friday, May 21, 2010

So let me tell you about Athens...





SORRY FOR THE PICS IF THEY ARE CONFUSING... I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH PIC PLACEMENT AND ITS ANNOYING



This post is about being in Athens the past week. (I'll be speaking on behalf of those other people still here who haven't posted in a while too).










I've started my training at the Science Library. Librarians are super sweet but they do things on their own time.... I'm not sure I'm used to such a slow paced job (although there IS still a lot to know) but I know I'll be happy that its a slow job when Fall comes around and I get to do my studying on the job :) The one thing that I do know is that I will be able to find any article or book or anything I (or you) ever would need for research.






Sun fish



(Main) Library












I am doing research still in the Byers lab and today caught about 20 little sun fish (and maybe a baby bass?) in my minnow traps. I really like being able to go out "into the field".


















Ecology people who are here right now include Alex, Mark, Charlie, Devin.... and I can't remember who else. All in all Athens has been really fun this past week. We've been hanging out chill Athens style. Some of us went to Copper Creek on Tuesday. I saw a ton of people that I know there. I really love how I can go to Copper Creek with just a couple friends and then see about ten other people that I know. (It's probably because that's where all of the cool kids hang out).















On Wednesday Fern and Devin set an AMAZING hash out at Whitehall forest complete with river crossings, climbing, and high up train trail crossings over the river. I feel like I've gotten to make a ton of new friends by hashing. It was really pretty and fun! We then had a cook out at Alex's house where Devin and Mark did not fail to bring a ton of dumpster food. yummy










Also we (Devin, Mark, Malin, Jess, Ben and a couple other people) are going on a canoe trip this weekend. We are going down the Oconee and are going to camp near the river tomorrow night. (We were supposed to start today but bad weather postponed our trip.)










So basically we around here are just enjoying each others company and trying to earn a little money here and there. The way Athens should be during the summer :)










PS -- Don't forget to let me know when any of you are here this summer.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I miss Athens. I'll be around for like one day around June 10th, and I expect to see y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there for three days June 16th-19th!

    By the way, I may request your presence in the Ecology building to help me with something I just texted you about...it's kind of ridiculous

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ok.... idk if I got your text 'cause we were on that canoe trip...

    ReplyDelete