Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hey roadtrip

hahahahahaha sorry guys I just found this picture of Aniekan and I HAD to put this up! hahaha SO ANYWAYS.

A couple weeks ago I went on a road trip to New England with my mom. We went to a wedding (I didn't know anyone... it was her friend from high school's son.)





The wedding was in Kennebunkport, Maine which is this really cute tourist town. My Aunt and Uncle live in Maine, too. I love Maine! It is sooooo pretty and it smells so clean and everyone there is really healthy 'cause they all kayak or mountain bike or hike or do something naturey! Did you know Maine has the most coastline of any state because of all the islands?! It's just beautiful and I wish it were closer. Also for those of you city haters, Maine doesn't have many people at all... so it's a great escape. (during the summer, at least)
Kennebunkport, ME


same place



Oh... if you guys didn't know I LOVE sailboats.


So this wedding we went to was SUPER EXPENSIVE. It was really just ridiculous how much money they spent. They had three center pieces! I guess it was pretty though.....


Expensive wedding table. Too much white for my taste though.


I didn't know anyone at this wedding, but it was still fun. My mom got drunk and was acting silly. Also I sat next to this man named Julius who was freaking hilarious :). I also learned that New England boys are super awkward and are kind of afraid of girls. Julius told me people in New England are not as friendly in general which makes them more awkward hahaha


Julius and Me



Fancy table of desserts. ummm





After that we went to Boston, Mass. for the Fourth of July. It was really neat because we were on the Charles River and they have that famous fireworks display. They really were the best fireworks I've ever seen in my life.



Ducks. I don't know what was going on here but it w as cool so I took a picture.



Best fireworks EVER. These one's were espescially neat.




Restaurant in Boston. This is basically for Sheena... I know how you like pictures of food lol



Ok then we made it to NYC. We stayed in Manhattan. OMG we saw Stomp! It was amazing. If you guys ever get a chance to see it in New York... do it! And we got our tickets for it (and for West Side Story which we saw the next day) at the half price ticket booth. If you don't know about it ask me about it later, but it's the only way to buy tickets (CHEAP).
Grand Central Station. Recognize it from other pictures? Very beautiful.


Cool thing in Time Square advocating smart water usage.





Well, that's the end. We then drove back to beautiful Cumming, GA. hahaha I love that I will always be able to make fun of the name of my home town.
Miss you guys, and wish you would post again! I need some interesting reading!










1 comment:

  1. aw yay! love the photos, especially of yo burrrrrito MMHMM GIRL GIMME SOM

    ReplyDelete