Wednesday, July 21, 2010

FAIL

So I've spent the entire summer being sad because I didn't think anyone was posting here (I am not great with the internet, but this is unusually bad). But, at least I discovered all of this on a bad day, so YAY. My day is worlds better!

I have no idea how to recapture those two months I was not blogging about, so I'll just start by saying Costa Rica was AWESOME and I'll share some photos (feel privileged, not even my parents have seen photos yet).

COSTA RICA!!
Scott Connelly was one of our instructors, and that was really awesome, so I don't even need Todds help IDing much (and I saw a LOT considering my poor herping skills). This is one he couldn't ID:
This one is for you Kelly, because all my fish pictures are bad:
This was more dangerous (and more fun) than it looks in the photo:
Everything was awesome, my poncho turned out to be very sturdy, and I did my best to recruit more Ecology club members. Results were mixed, so we'll just have to wait and see who shows up. I did not see a sea turtle, but I did catch a basilisk, so there. One of the cutest animals I encountered were baby cows, which isn't especially tropical but who can resist the way they chew on your fingers? NO ONE.

Now I am in Atlanta, enjoying the people, but not loving my cubicle-ville job very much. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SCHOOOOOOL!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet!

    Your un-IDed gecko is a member of the genus Gonatodes, but I can't say a species with any certainty.

    Howsabout some other herps? :)

    Oh, and although I've never said it before, I can't wait for school, either. Or maybe it's that three-day party Brian planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing up in da ATL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd... so awesome. Whippin' out half of scientific names. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interning at the CDC in their office of sustainability, which means I write articles about "sustainability stars," who are fun to talk to, but not so much fun to write about. I have also spent lots of time trying to make graphs from really poor recycling data.

    But, if anyone wants to visit ATL....

    ReplyDelete