Wednesday, July 28, 2010

hay got lots to say

It's been a while and so much has happened so here's a recap to my best ability. 

Been checking out events in town, working by day (the exhibit will be at the Chicago Architectural Foundation! Whooooo) and exploring the city by night, or just being exhausted and chilling. 

The 'shell' concert hall in Millennium Park
Guess who was in town?!
Kitties being lovers again
One weekend we checked out the Transformers set downtown. You can make out the car pileup on the bridge. By the way, love Chicago by night. But more on that later. 
One of the Wacker St. tunnels, where they shot parts of Dark Knight --> Chris Nolan --> INCEPTION! Which I haven't seen yet but am going to this weekend.
Chicago River
Some of the cars from the movie. We think there's something really nice/shiny/expensive under the tarp.

Keep reading...


Last Wednesday, my boss took some of us out sailing on Lake Michigan to catch the fireworks. Boats are so cool. They're like cars with so many parts that all function together but not as greasy and more romanticized. In my mind at least. I'm about to do something I almost hate doing, but I'm going to do it anyway -- I stole these from Shayna's facebook and am double-posting them here (I KNOW I KNOW - for those of you who know about my disdain for internet data use (?) that does not contribute anything especially when it already exists somewhere else):
I look carefree, but hoisting that sail at the end made me feel like Tracy that one time she couldn't lift up the teapot because it was too heavy:
swimming!
post-sail


I've never had flowers left on my doorstep for me, but lemme tell you, it's a wonderful experience. My family sent me birthday flowers! Kitties are intrigued.
Leila and Shayna came over one night for haircuts and Leila found this gem of a jacket. 
Uzi is such a hipster. Oh and he is still wearing it to this day. Yeah.
Haircuts! Family portrait! Though I don't think they liked their haircuts very much...?

Last night was my 21st birthday!!! We went to a delicious pizza house/brewery called Piece. It was amazing. Then Kurt drove us around in his company's Zipcar while we blasted the Dark Knight soundtrack (with some Transformers and Inception mixed in). It was, as expected, SO EPIC:
Well ladies I think that's all I've got for now that's of any interest...this week my friend is visiting, next weekend is LOLLAPALOOZA! and then I fly back to ATHENS!!! CAPSLOCK=EXCITEMENT!!!! Or just me being Sheena.

<333


1 comment: