Tuesday, June 29, 2010

holy weekend!

So to save the blog from being bombarded with my photos, click "Read more" if you want to see whazzup whazzup wif me:
Monthly critical mass! SO MANY BIKES, just kept coming.

monthly Critical Mass!




Friday was an interesting day because we had a consultant come in to work to talk about business management and practices. It was my first consulting experience! Except for when a consultant came to Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch on The Office to talk about sexual harassment. Really good experience to see the issues a firm deals with, and they're often very basic organizational issues.

I work in a historic building downtown (the Monadnock Building), it was built in the early 1900s and is superrr swanky and classy. Sitting up front with the secretary makes me feel like I'm on an episode of Mad Men. Except with less sexism.

And also, one of the principal architects at my firm looks and acts just like Christian Shephard from LOST, except without the alcoholism. (I'm pretty sure)

Soooo basically my life has been reduced to a lose combination of a bunch of TV shows.

After work on Friday, I went to Taste of Chicago with Kurt and his roomies.
Get dat money money money
Most ridiculous marketing scheme ever: 
CHICKENWAFFLES! with hot sauce and syrup. And yes, it is just fried chicken on a waffle.
CHICKENWAFFLE
Giant turkey drumstick that everybody wanted to get a piece of
Me and the broskis
Ridiculous drummers strategically placed alongside the massive exodus of Tasters of Chicago
Full belly = naptime...anywhere.
We hung out at the Buckingham (intern housing where Kurt lives) -- by the way, owned two Harvard social club boys at beer pong. Thank you, UGA, for teaching me something.

They went clubbing at an exclusive club (password required to get in free!), and I decided to skip out and meet up with my roommates at a free show. The show hada super cozy, fun atmosphere with a raucous and energetic folk band.
-------------------------------------
Haley and Shanna's kitties being totally gay for each other. SO CUTE
Saturday was pretty chill, went to dinner with a bunch of the Harvard +coworkers in Chinatown, tried to squeeze on a train filled with Cubs and Sox fans (failed miserably), and then met up with more mutual friends of mutual friends.

Chicago theater! Widespread Panic! Athens WHUT WHUUUUUUT
A couple of us met one of Kurt's friends from high school, who does investment banking or trading(? so many investment bankers/traders to sort out in my head) and lives in a swaaaaanky apartment, of course comped by his firm. And then we went to another swanky apartment on the Navy Pier, with the intent to see the weekly fireworks, but saw them on our way over instead of 21 floors above the ground.
CRUMPIN DOWN THE STAIRS
Hey Chicago, sweet park
The party was interesting, lots of ivy leaguers interning with finance (hedge funds, etc) corporations so not really my crowd but interesting nonetheless. Makes me thank god I'm not headed straight for a cubicle job, no matter how much it pays.

We eventually headed out and went to the Hangge Uppe (sic), which was fun and then I took a taxi home, and my taxi driver was a cute little man from Kyrgyzstan that knew some Chinese!

Today I chilled. Just like the kittehs:
 
<3 and miss you all. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment